Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rule of the Law



My conversation went a little like this. Hi is this Mr. Lambersten? I got a yes it is, and then went on to say My name is Chris and I’m a student at the Art Institute and I was wondering if I could ask you questions about intellectual property for one of my classes. I got the green light to and then I went on to ask him my ten questions. I frantically scribbled his responses down on paper then realized I should just type them. He really empathized how important it was to copyright my photographs, to actually go online and do it, not just through a symbol on my photos. He brought this up more than once through out the conversation. He answered my questions a little short but still managed to answer them. I might have missed a few things in my desperation to type everything out as quickly as I could and that’s how it went for the 14 minutes we talked. At the end he got a little impatient so I was happy to get off the phone after he dropped his hourly rate line on me… It’s good to offer up yourself for free every now and then and 14 minutes of one time isn’t that much. While I still have good things to say about Mr. Lambersten, they could be better and more if I had had a little more time with him. Maybe it would’ve been different in person than on the phone? I know I could’ve gotten down the answers better that’s for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment