Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Legal Authority


The way I went about finding my lawyer is quite simple, Google. I started doing a search for intellectual property lawyers. Needless to say a lot came up under this so I started going through all of them to determine which ones would suit me better since my field is photography. Finding one that would benefit me was proving to be harder than I thought. Sure it was easy just to grab ten lawyers’ numbers and contact info without too much thought. I could already start picking up on the order I would contact them in, based upon how big the law firm was to even their picture. Yes their picture might be a little superficial but I did it. I first contacted one that was involved with photography, but he didn’t pick up so I left a message hoping to hear back from him. Well after a couple of days I never did and figured I would try calling again. No answer this time again, but this time I didn’t leave a voicemail. For my next try I thought I would try the opposite sex, well at least this time I got an answer but it was just her secretary and she wasn’t about to do me any favors so I got the lawyers voicemail and I left a message. I should’ve just hung up, but thought to try. I didn’t try again calling anyone else for a little while after that. Thought it might be bad luck or something. The next person I did try did pick up however and on the first ring. This lawyers’ name was John Lamersten, and he solely dealt with intellectual propriety, which is exactly what this project called for. Since Intellectual property laws consist of several separate and overlapping legal disciplines, each with its own characteristics and terminology.”(Patent, Copyright and trademark. Page 5) I knew that Mr. Lambersten would help me understand the law a little better.

No comments:

Post a Comment