Wednesday, March 20, 2013

My Own Argument and Opinions


The laws we have concerning copyrights and overall intellectual property are meant to protect our work and us. Trademark infringement is the unauthorized use of a trade mark or service mark on competing or related goods and services.”(Patent, Copyright and Trademark. Page 379) If we don’t have these types of laws in place then people would just rip off what someone else produces and claim it as their own which is not okay. As a photographer I am glad we have these types of laws to protect my work and others. Take for instances if I was to shoot a series of photos with my info watermarked on the photos along with all the proper metadata stating who took the the photo, location, contact info, copyright symbol and the year and someone came along and stripped everything off the photos and then put their info on them and then I found out about it I could take legal actions against them. Since “Trademark infringement is the unauthorized use of trademark or service mark on competing or related services”(Patent, Copyright and Trademark. Page 446) They stole my work and committed copyright infringement. I could’ve had a trademarked look in those photos even; I could get them for that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment